These chips are bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S
If you love a good air fryer recipe, don’t forget to check out my Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters recipe.
It’s the age old question: are you more of a salty or sweet kind of person? Many of you may think that I’m #teamsugar (I mean, this blog IS called Sugar Agenda) but what you may not know is that I’m an absolute fiend for savory treats as well. Popcorn, potato chips, pretzels – I love them all. One of my absolute favorite salty snacks are plantain chips but unfortunately for me, they’re sometimes hard to find in my area. I came up with these banana chips as an alternative that I could make at home!Jump to Recipe
Easy as 1-2-3…4!
This recipe is SO simple. It only calls for four ingredients – three of which are pantry items! All you need are bananas, olive oil, salt and paprika. The paprika is a must – it’s what makes the chips super savory and gives them that extra kick of flavor.
Green Means Go
The most important thing to remember when making these banana chips is that you have to use underripe, green bananas. This best mimics the taste and texture of a plantain and gives the chips the best chance to get super crispy. Save the ripe bananas for a smoothie bowl, banana bread or banana pancakes!
How to Make Your Very Own Air Fryer Banana Chips
An added bonus to these chips is that they are packed with fibre and vitamins, great for times when you’re looking for a delicious way to get more nutrients in your day.
So without further ado, here is the recipe for my savoury banana chips!
Air Fryer Banana Chips
- 2 raw/green bananas
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- Begin by peeling each banana.
- Next, cut off the ends and discard. Cut the rest of the bananas into very thin slices.
- Add banana slices into a mixing bowl and mix with oil. Add paprika and salt and combine until banana slices are thoroughly coated.
- Lay out coated banana slices in a single layer in your air fryer – you may have to work in batches.
- Bake in the air fryer for 17 to 20 minutes in 350 degrees F, until crispy.
How do you snack healthy? Give me some of your ideas by commenting below!
Leave a Reply