Dip these chocolate biscotti delights into your cup of coffee and your taste buds will instantly thank you!
These biscotti cookies are filled with hazelnuts and are jam-packed with flavour! I’ve always been a huge fan of biscotti, but never made them myself…
You see, the problem with so many biscotti recipes out there is that they’re just so darn complicated. I get the whole idea of “elevating” a dessert, but the ones I’ve run into were always rimmed with too much chocolate, topped with tons of garnishes, etc.
I just wanted something simple – a chocolate biscotti with a hefty amount of hazelnuts. I wanted enough chocolate to tickle my sweet tooth while offering just the right amount of crunch.
So, out came my Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti recipe – and boy, are they ever a hit in my household!
Not Too Hard, Not Too Soft
What I love about my homemade Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti recipe is that they’re not too hard but not too soft. I’m a bit of Goldilocks when it comes to my biscotti cookies. They need to have the right amount crunch… but not so much that I’m grinding into them with my canines.
This recipe is the best of both worlds. Plus, they’re absolutely perfect to dip into coffee.
Can I Freeze Biscotti Dough?
Yes, biscotti dough can be frozen. I suggest shaping it as a log and then wrapping it in plastic before putting it in the freezer.
Once you’re ready to bake it, allow it to thaw on a cookie sheet and then slightly flatten it.
What Drinks Pair Well with Biscotti?
The sky’s the limit when it comes to biscotti drink pairings (and also, everyone has their own individual tastes!). Coffee is a very popular biscotti accompaniment. Many also enjoy biscotti with tea, chai lattes, and even iced coffees.
How to Make Chocolate Biscotti with Hazelnuts
Without further ado, here’s our very chocolatey, nutty, and delicious biscotti recipe. Enjoy!
Chocolate Biscotti With Hazelnuts
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, sift together all dry ingredients: flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix until a dough forms. Fold in hazelnuts.
- Wrap the dough in plastic and chill for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Form the biscotti dough into a log, about 8 inches in long and 3 inches wide. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cut into strips (width-wise) on a diagonal, about 1 inch wide.
- Turn down the oven to 325 degrees and bake for 12-14 minutes or until completely cooked through. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
Leave a Reply