SPREADING love with Nutella cupcakes!
Elevate your next batch of cupcakes with our decadent recipe for homemade Nutella buttercream. It’s smooth, luscious, and full of nutty flavor!
Welcome back, party animals! Here at Sugar Agenda, we’re all about a good celebration… no matter what day it is!
With the holiday season in full swing, I’m thinking long and hard about what to serve my guests for our annual Christmas party.
I’m pretty well-known for my chocolate cupcakes. So, to make things a bit easier for me this year, I’ll be using my chocolate cupcakes as a prime base for my holiday desserts. All I have to do is come up with different buttercreams to change things up!
Recenetly, I developed a delicious Biscoff Buttercream, and it was definitely a hit with my test tasters (aka, my family!)! My oldest then requested something Nutella-flavored, which is how my Nutella Buttercream came about!
What Ingredients Do I Need To Make Nutella Buttercream?
Making Nutella buttercream is as 1-2-3. Be sure to gather the following ingredients before whipping-up this delicious topping (psst: the exact measurements are in the recipe card, just down below):
- Unsalted butter
- Powdered sugar
- Cocoa Powder
Can I Store Leftover Homemade Buttercream?
Absolutely! The buttercream would just need to be scooped in an airtight container and refrigerated. I recommend refrigerating it for up to two weeks.
How Do I Use Refrigerated Buttercream?
To use refrigerated buttercream, let the container sit on your counter and allow the buttercream to come to room temperature. Place it in a bowl and use an electric mixture to make it nice and fluffy again.
What’s The Difference Between Buttercream And Frosting?
Buttercream’s base ingredient is butter, whereas frosting does not contain any butter. Instead, it uses a base of shortening or cream cheese.
Are There Any Ingredient Alternatives To Nutella Buttercream?
Feel free to use any brand of chocolate hazelnut spread that you prefer. We always have Nutella in our pantry, which is why we used it for our buttercream.
Do I Have To Use Nutella Buttercream On Chocolate Cupcakes?
Not necessarily! This buttercream tastes incredible on all sorts of cupcake flavors, including:
- Red Velvet
Chocolate Cupcakes With Nutella Buttercream
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar plus extra for topping
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 – 2 tbsp milk
- ¼ cup Nutella
- One dozen of your favorite chocolate cupcakes cooled down completely
- In a large bowl, add butter, powdered sugar, cocoa powder and 1 tbsp of milk.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the ingredients. Start on low and slowly make your way to medium-high.
- Beat until it’s smooth and forms semi-stiff peaks. If you need it to be looser, add some more milk, one tablespoon at a time.
- Next, add Nutella and beat some more.
- Scoop the buttercream into a frosting bag with your desired frosting tip. Frost each cupcake and sprinkle with additional powdered sugar.