Be a smart cookie and try out these Chocolate Pretzel Cookies. Filled with pretzels, chocolate, and caramel chips, they’ve got enormous flavour and one heck of a crunch!Jump to Recipe
When it comes to food, TONS of people love a sweet and salty combination. I mean, who can blame them? The mix of both flavour profiles really enhance our tasting experience!
This is why I created my Chocolate Pretzel Cookies. Not only do they incorporate the idea of “sweet and salty,” but they also have an incredible crunch factor to them.
What Foods Are Both Sweet and Salty?
Because sweet and salty is such a popular flavour combo, there are tons of meals, desserts, and snacks accommodating it. If you’re craving this kind of flavour layering, you can munch on:
- Chicago popcorn mix
- Chocolate-covered potato chips
- Glazed donuts garnished with sea salt
- Bacon French toast
The possibilities are endless!
And of course, my Chocolate Pretzel Cookies can be added to this list. They are my newest cookie for my recipe roster. Keep on reading below for the step-by-step instructions!
My Best Cookie Tips
Okay, not to toot my own horn or anything, but I am quite the cookie enthusiast. You may know me for my Chocolate Chip Cookies – a recipe that I worked on for months to perfect! Sure, to you it may be a basic cookie, but for our family, the process and experimentation brought us tons of joy!
As someone who loves a good cookie (and who bakes them on the regular), here are a few of my tips:
Don’t press down on your cookie dough
Unless otherwise stated, cookie dough balls are meant to stay shaped as spheres, and will flatten during the baking process. Usually, the types of cookies that are meant to be rolled out are sugar cookies and shortbreads.
Cookie dough usually has to be chilled
Chilling cookie dough solidifies the fat in the cookies (the butter, for instance) and prevents the cookie from spreading too much during the baking process.
But good news: my Chocolate Pretzel Cookies don’t require any chilling! So your process time is cut down tremendously!
Let the cookies rest
Once the cookies are out of the oven, give them a few minutes (or as long as the recipe recommends) to set. This gives them a chance to set and solidify a little bit more after baking time.
How to Make the Best Ever Chocolate Pretzel Cookies
Okay you sweet and salty lovers… time for the best part: the recipe! Here is my surefire recipe for Chocolate Pretzel Cookies.
Chocolate Pretzel Cookies
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- ½ cup butter melted and cooled down
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mini pretzel sticks broken into pieces
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup caramel chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Begin by adding cake mix to a large bowl. Add melted butter and eggs until a thick cookie dough forms.
- Next, fold in pretzel pieces, chocolate chips, and caramel chips.
- Roll the cookie dough into spheres about 1 ½ inches in diameter. Place on cookie sheet, approximately 1-2 inches apart. You should be able to fit 12 cookies on one sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes and allow to set for 5 minutes before serving.