What do vegetables wear to the beach? …a ZU-KINIJump to Recipe
I have always been a fan of zucchini – whether in roasted form, zoodle form, or zucchini-fries… this veggie is SO easy to use in tons of creative ways.
One way that I like to eat my zucchini is by transforming them into the tastiest fried fritters! Plus, it’s a great way for kiddos to get a healthy serving of veggies, too!
Saying Nay To Deep Frying
Recently, I held back on making my famous zucchini fritters because of its deep frying aspect. Not only does deep frying make a mess, but I wasn’t too fond of the amount of oil needed to get them to its perfect crispiness.
Well, lucky for me, I recently received a Hamilton Beach Air Fryer and you know what? SUCH a game changer… which meantzucchini fritters, GALORE!
The Benefits of an Air Fryer
I’ve had my eyes on an air fryer for the longest time – and taking the plunge in finally incorporating one into our meal routine has been a dream for our family.
Here are some of the reasons why you should buy an air fryer:
- Faster than oven cooking, so you save on time (Which is essential for any busy parent!)
- Safer than deep fryers
- Doesn’t require as much oil as traditional frying
- Easy clean up
Hamilton Beach 5 Litre Digital Air Fryer
I have been a long-time fan of Hamilton Beach. I’ve always loved the fact that their small kitchen appliances are modern, affordable, and reliable.
I’m now the proud owner of Hamilton Beach’s 5 Litre Digital Air Fryer – and I have to say, it is absolutely brilliant!
First of all, though it can fit a whoooole lotta food, it still looks very sleek, making it the perfect addition to our modern kitchen setup.
Wanna know how much foot Hamilton Beach’s 5 Litre Digital Air Fryer can fit? Get this: it can fit a 5 pound chicken in there – yup! It’s THAT big and efficient.
Air fryers are seriously a one-and-done type of gadget. This one in particular has 8 preset functions, allowing you to cook all sorts of food like steak, chicken, shrimp, fries, veggies, etc. This is why I chose to use it for my zucchini fritters!
How To Cook Zucchini Fritters In An Air Fryer
Okay, that’s enough babble from me… let’s move on to the recipe! Here’s how to make your very own Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters:
Easy Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Begin by properly washing and drying your zucchini (I love using Attitude’s veggie wash for this).
- Next, cut off the two ends of each zucchini.
- Grate the zucchini into a large bowl and add salt. Mix together and pour into a pasta strainer lined with paper towel or a cheese cloth. Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Add the strained grated zucchini back into the bowl and combine with remaining ingredients.
- If desired, line air fryer with well-fitted parchment paper. Preheat to 375 degrees.
- Shape the fritters by forming each one into a 1 ½ inch sphere and flatten slightly. Place gently into preheated air fryer (one layer) and bake for 17-20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Allow to cool 5-10 minutes and serve with choice of dipping sauce.
Do you think your kids will love these zucchini fritters?