These turkey burgers are worth gobbling up!
After giving birth to my youngest, I made it my personal goal to really take care of myself. I was never one for trendy diets. You see, I’m all about balance (as showcased on my food-inspired IG feed!) and I’m a firm believer in eating whatever you want in moderation.
For me, eating well doesn’t involve sacrificing flavour.
My easy turkey burgers recipe is a prime example of this: a good meal, relatively low-carb, without missing a beat in the “deliciousness” factor.
Are Turkey Burgers Healthy?
Yes, but as always: in moderation! (At least, that’s my personal opinion.) Really, it’s all about how you prepare it.
In this article from healthline.com, ground turkey and ground beef are put to the test, with their nutritional values compared to one another. They summarized, “Ground turkey and beef of the same fat percentage are very similar in their calorie and protein contents. However, ground turkey is lower in saturated fat.”
Turkey meat is also known for being a great source of B vitamins, which directly impact your energy levels and brain function.
What Is Good on Turkey Burgers?
The sky’s the limit when it comes to garnishing turkey burgers. I love going for a classic combo of mayonnaise, ketchup, and mustard.
And hey, why not make them into cheese turkey burgers? I recommend cutting a generous slice of brie cheese, placing it on top and letting it melt in the oven for a few minutes. Sheer perfection, I tell ya!
Ingredients to Make Turkey Burgers
So what ingredients do you need to make my oh-so-easy turkey burgers? Well, good news: it doesn’t take much. Check out my ingredient list below to see what goes into these juicy, delicious turkey patties:
- Ground turkey
- Salt and pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
- Extra virgin olive oil
How to Make my Easy Turkey Burgers
Okay, so here it is: the super easy, simple-to-follow recipe for my turkey burger patties. Enjoy this healthy alternative to meat eating! Bon appetit!
Easy Turkey Burgers Recipe
- 1 lb ground turkey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, mix together ground turkey and egg.
- Next, add salt and pepper, minced garlic and Worcestershire sauce.
- Once all of the ingredients are combined, form into patties, about 2 ½ – 3 inches in diameter and ½ an inch thick.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil on a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Fry patties for about 5 minutes on each side or until cooked completely. You want these well done and not pink, whatsoever, in the center.
- Top with your favourite burger garnishes. Serve in a hamburger bun or lettuce wrap.