My recipe for pita chips will ALWAYS have a PITA my heart!
All it takes is for that one recipe to (positively!) impact snack time. For me, learning how to make homemade pita chips was a definite turning point in my snacking habits.
I’m a muncher and when I first became a mom, I was notorious for constantly snacking on junk food. I rarely carved out time to prepare and eat a delicious, healthy meal, so junk food became go-to.
Four years down the line and I’m now a mom of two. I’ve gotten a LOT better about my eating habits and make more conscious efforts in what I consume. I eat a variety of healthy foods – and my homemade pita chips is a guilt-free treat.
Why Homecooked Pita Chips are the Best
Now that I’m more mindful about what I put into my body, I’m all about going the homecooked route. Sure, store-bought pita chips make for a delicious treat… but there’s something so satisfying about homecooked ones. Making my own meals and snacks means that I know exactly what’s going into what I eat.
I love the fact that my recipe for pita chips is easy to make and consists of only two ingredients.
Yes, you read right: Only. Two. Ingredients.
No-Salt Pita Chips
Here’s another bonus about my pita chips… they contain no salt! I mean, feel free to add some of you wish, but I find they’re still absolutely delicious without it.
How Do You Make Pita Chips?
Okay, when I tell you how simple it is to make pita chips, I really mean it. All it takes is:
- Pita bread
- Extra virgin olive oil
- A medium-sized bowl
- Parchment paper
- Baking sheet/pan
Continue reading for the full details – you’ll have this recipe memorized in no time!
Easy Recipe for Pita Chips
Okay, my blah-blah-ness for my snacking adventures is over. Here’s the scoop on how to make your very own pita chips. Enjoy!
My Best Recipe for Pita Chips
- 2 pitas
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut pita breads into small triangles. The easiest way to do so is by using kitchen scissors – we like to cut them in half, then cut each section in half until we get 16 triangles from each pita bread.
- Add pita triangles to a large bowl and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Mix to coat the pitas.
- Spread the pita triangles in a single layer on the lined baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool for 3-4 minutes and serve with your favourite dipping sauce.
What do your snacking rituals look like?