This fully loaded cauliflower is jam-packed full of flavour!Jump to Recipe
If ever I had to choose a favourite vegetable, it would definitely be cauliflower. In fact, I even loved it when I was a little girl – and normally cauliflower gets a bad rep by kiddos!
The Versatility of Cauliflower
Cauliflower falls high on my veggie ranking because it’s so versatile. There’s just SO much you can do with it in terms of serving styles:
- Cauliflower rice
- Roasted cauliflower
- Cauliflower pizza crust
- Cauliflower steaks
…the possibilities are endless! And now, you can add this cheesy cauliflower side dish to the list. Your family will absolutely adore it!
How to Make Fully Loaded Cauliflower
Okay, I wanted to make this post a short one and get right to the point. Do you love cheese? Do you love bacon? How about green onions? Okay, then this Fully Loaded Cauliflower recipe is especially for you!
Fully Loaded Cauliflower
- 1 large cauliflower head leaves removed and cut into florets
- Large pot of water
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled, divided
- 3 green onions sliced
- Begin by preheating oven to 350 degrees F
- Boil pot of water and add 1 tsp salt. Add cauliflower for 3 minutes, drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter and add garlic. Cook for about one minute, then add flour and stir quickly for about 2 minutes.
- Lower heat and slowly add milk to the butter and flour mixture, whisking as your pour. Add cream cheese and mix until everything is well-incorporated.
- Remove skillet from heat and add cheese. Season with salt and pepper and mix until everything is melted and well-combined.
- Add cauliflower to a baking dish and pour over the cheese sauce. Add half the amount of your bacon and green onion and combine into the cauliflower mixture.
- Add remaining bacon and green onion as a topping. Bake for about 30 minutes.