Finally hopping on the baked feta pasta train. P.S.: Totally worth it!
I may be a “budding influencer,” but when it comes to trends and challenges, I often fall behind. For instance, this past holiday season, everyone was all about hot chocolate bombs. You would think that someone with a sweet tooth as ravenous as mine would quickly hop on that “beverage train.” But, no – the entire Christmas season flew by and I didn’t attempt to make it… not once.
Now, a new trend has surfaced amongst Reel and Tiktok audiences: the baked feta pasta.
And you know what? I tried it out. And you know what else? I am SO glad I did.
What is Baked Feta Pasta?
The base for the viral baked feta pasta is comprised of cherry tomatoes, a block of feta cheese, and olive oil. It is then roasted in the oven for about 30 minutes and becomes the sauce to your pasta of choice.
Of course, since the recipe has gone viral, there have been several variations that have been put together by content creators. Today, I am sharing mine.
Roasted Veggies in the Famous Feta Pasta
Basically, baked feta pasta is a mix of roasted vegetables and melted cheese. The key to roasting vegetables is drizzling it with EVOO and your choices of spices, then baking it in a 400 degree Fahrenheit oven. This is exactly how you prepare this dish.
As the veggies cook in the oven, all of their flavours come together, forming a beautiful base sauce for your pasta.
Baked Feta Pasta with Asparagus
- 16 oz. cocktail tomatoes
- ½ pint grape tomatoes
- 5 large asparagus chopped (with the ends cut and discarded)
- 200 grams feta cheese
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 3-4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz uncooked fettuccine noodles
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add both tomatoes and asparagus to a casserole dish. Drizzle with half of the olive oil and desired amount of ground pepper.
- Add feta cheese to the center and drizzle with the remaining extra virgin olive oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- As the veggies and cheese cook, prepare pasta according to its package’s directions. Drain pasta.
- Once time is up, remove feta mixture from the oven and use the back of a spoon to break apart the feta.
- Add pasta to the casserole dish and mix. Serve and enjoy!
Have you hopped on board any trendy/social media recipes?