Sprinkling your day with tons of sweetness – and some Biscoff biscuits!
If you’re searching for your next best dessert: look no further! These chocolate cupcakes are topped with the most luscious Biscoff buttercream. They’re an absolute delight, and absolutely perfect for anyone with a sweet tooth.
Hey, there! Welcome to our ultra sweet party! I’m your host, Lisa Favre, and I started the Sugar Agenda because I believe that every day is worth celebrating. Parties shouldn’t be limited to milestone events. I always find a way to make every day special!
Today, I’m showing you how to make the most delicious chocolate cupcakes with Biscoff buttercream. Biscoff cookies are something we have in our pantry on the daily! Every time I bite into one, I always think how wonderful their flavor would be in a cupcake!
I Love Desserts! Got Any More?
I’m so glad you asked! I have a huge sweet tooth, so desserts are definitely my specialty. Check out some of my other creations here:
Our Family’s Very Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Chocolate Biscotti With Hazelnuts
What Are Biscoff Cookies?
Biscoff cookies are made by the Belgian biscuit company, Lotus Bakeries. They are small, crunchy caramelized biscuits that hold so much flavor!
What’s The Difference Between Biscoff and Speculoos?
According to Lotus Bakeries, “Biscoff is the name given to Lotus Bakeries Speculoos Cookies in North America.” So yes, Biscoff biscuits are speculoos cookies, they’re just marketed differently in certain parts of the world.
What Ingredients Do I Need To Make Biscoff Buttercream?
Okay, time to roll up our sleeves and head to the kitchen! This is going to be a real sweet treat! Be sure to gather the following ingredients to make your very own batch of chocolate cupcakes with Biscoff buttercream:
- Chocolate cupcakes (feel free to use a cake mix or, you can turn to our easy-peasy Chocolate Cupcakes From Scratch recipe!)
- Powdered sugar
- Brown sugar
- Biscoff biscuits
Can I Store Leftover Biscoff Cupcakes?
Yes, these cupcakes can be stored in an airtight container and be left on your counter for up to 5 days.
What Pairs Well With These Chocolate Cupcakes?
Our Biscoff Buttercream cupcakes are incredibly sweet, and we love serving them with:
- A tall glass of milk
- A fruit platter
- With even more Biscoff cookies!
Are There Any Ingredient Alternatives?
For this Biscoff Buttercream, you can also use Biscoff Spread instead of crushing actually biscoff biscuits.
Chocolate Cupcakes with Biscoff Buttercream
- One dozen of your favorite chocolate cupcake recipes
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- 5-6 Biscoff biscuits crushed into fine bits
- 18 additional Biscoff biscuits
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together softened butter, powdered sugar, brown sugar and milk.
- Mix the ingredients on medium high until the buttercream forms, making semi-stiff peaks.
- Fold in the crushed Biscoff into the buttercream.
- Scoop the buttercream into a piping bag, with #12 Wilton icing tip attached. Frost each cupcake.
- Top each frosted cupcake with 1 ½ biscuits each.
Leave a Reply